Re: [Scheme-reports] [r6rs-discuss] Scheme pattern matching: the case for (case)

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 5:15 AM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
> Peter Kourzanov scripsit:
>
>> (define eqv? equal?)
>> (newline)
>> (write (case "asd" (("asd") #t)))
>> (newline)
>>
>> You'll find Tinyscheme, Minischeme, MIT, Scheme48/SCSH
>> included in your list. Ypsilon and Stalin exhibit this
>> behaviour for strings, but not for more structured data
>> like vectors.
>
> Chicken, Bigloo, Kawa, SISC, Chibi, STklos, and Scheme 9 also have this
> problem; Racket, Gauche, Gambit, Guile, Chez, SCM, Larceny, Mosh, and
> SSCM do not; Ikarus won't let you rebind EQV?.

I've changed the default Chibi REPL so this no longer happens.

You can still explicitly mutate the existing binding with

  (set! eqv? equal?)

instead of `define', though I'm debating removing that ability.

It's probably best to just leave this unspecified, since
many people specifically want this level of control.