Re: [Scheme-reports] Agreement to license

On Jun 30, 2014, at 8:39 AM, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 18:46 +0700, musicdenotation@x wrote:
>> Where are the agreements to license the copyright of the Scheme
>> reports located?
>
> I am not sure what you mean by agreements to license the copyright.
> Copyright is not normally a thing that you license.

Copyright is often not licensed, but it is very normal for it to be, e.g. CC-BY, GPL, and all that.
A fishing license grants you a right to fish, without which you can't legally fish.
A drivers license grants you a right to drive, without which you can't legally drive.
A copyright license grants you a right to copy (perform, translate, etc.), without which you can't legally copy (with a few well known exceptions for expired term, fair use, etc.).

"Agreement to license" is redundant. The question ought to be, what documentary evidence do we have that the grant occurred?

Jonathan