Re: [Scheme-reports] [r6rs-discuss] Date and time arithmetic library proposal for R7RS large Scheme

Hello everyone,

>> (instant->date instance chronology)
>> Constructs and returns a date object using chronology and corresponding to instant.

This may be just a typo, but don't you mean "instant" instead of "instance"?

>> (date-field date fieldname)
>> Returns the value of the field named fieldname within date, or #f if there is no such field.

Supposing that #f is a valid value for a field, don't we want to be
able to tell apart "no such field" and "the value is #f"?

>> (date-round date fieldname)
>> (date-ceiling date fieldname)
>> (date-floor date fieldname)
>> (date-truncate date fieldname)
>>Constructs and returns a new date object which is the same as date, but adjusted to the nearest integral value of fieldname using the round, ceiling, floor, or truncate functions.

May this too have some effect on other fields than the one mentioned?

Cheers,

P!

--
Français, English, 日本語, 한국어