Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg1] Unintended consequences of #319

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> > What will (string->number "#x10" 8) return?
> >
> > I think the issue is with ambiguity.
>
> That would be an argument for returning #false
> on mis-matched radixes as John suggested,

I made no such suggestion, nor any reference to `string->number` with
a second argument.  The value of the expression (string->number "0x10" 8)
is unquestionably 16.

--
Note that nobody these days would clamor for fundamental laws        John Cowan
of *the theory of kangaroos*, showing why pseudo-kangaroos are   cowan@x