Re: [scheme-reports-wg1] Re: [Scheme-reports] No (bytevector n ...) ?

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Alex Shinn <alexshinn@x> wrote:

Granted, the data type of a blob is ambiguous, but
for WG1 we are providing an otherwise complete u8
oriented API.  Thus to match blob-u8-ref and the
#u8(...) syntax we should have provided (blob-u8 ...).
After the renaming to R6RS compatibility this
becomes (bytevector ...).

I would like to see us support a (bytevector ...) procedure, too.  I've never understood the arguments that this was somehow privileging bytes over other data types.  It's just a practical bottom level type.