Re: [Scheme-reports] DISCUSSION/VOTE: The character tower

Bear scripsit:

> This goes well beyond "not like the specification" - this
> is into the realm of "apparently do not comprehend the basic
> values informing the specification."

The basic value in question is to standardize what the _maior et
sanior pars_ of Scheme implementations (to say nothing of non-Scheme
implementations) actually do.

> I think that forbidding the bug fix is incomprehensible,
> and must reveal some agenda or value completely alien to
> my whole way of thinking. Therefore I don't believe that
> I am capable of meaningfully contributing to a discussion
> of these strings.

Well, stick around; other issues will be taken up here.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@x
Yes, chili in the eye is bad, but so is your ear.  However, I would