[Scheme-reports] ratification vote for R7RS-small

Full name : Takashi Kato

Location : Leiden, ZH, the Netherlands

Statement of interest :
I believe Scheme is one of the greatest programming language. It's
compact, flexible and even became practical after R6RS. I use own Scheme
implementation as a tool for daily development task such as accessing
Smart cards, cryptographic operation and so.
It might not be a perfect language, lacking non-trivial functionalities
to use within the specification such as threading, socket, FFI and so,
but it's still evolving and I feel there are a lot of possibilities for
future.

Vote : "yes"

Rationale :
This is rather conservative yes.

R7RS has made a great step forward from R5RS however it looks a big step
backwards from R6RS. The goal seemed gluing the gap between R5RS and
future RnRS, and it made a lot of decided stuffs undecided again.

I think language specification should not look back that much even
though R6RS seemed too progressive. I hope WG2 will decide dropped off
stuff again.

--
_/_/
Takashi Kato