Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: R7RS 'eqv?' cannot be used for reliable memoization

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Ray Dillinger <bear@x> wrote:

On 11/22/2012 01:24 AM, Marijn wrote:

> With all due respect for the hard work of the people doing the
> hard work, I am quite disappointed with the way an arbitrary
> deadline seems to have been set and several problems brought up
> recently (or not so recently brought up but a proposed solution
> brought up recently) seem to not be getting the attention they
> deserve because ``there is no time'' to properly consider them.
>
> Please don't release with known fixable flaws.

Agreed here.

I think that the absence of any portable way to implement correct
hash tables on inexact numbers is in fact a game-stopper.  It is
an indication that the standard is too flawed to release.

We already guarantee this, with the exception of nans which
are unspecified for R5RS and existing implementation compatibility.
No one else was complaining about nans, but is this what you're
worried about?