Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: R7RS 'eqv?' cannot be used for reliable memoization

Mark H Weaver scripsit:

> What I want, indeed what I *require*, is the ability to memoize
> procedures without having to worry that my code might produce the wrong
> answers on some future implementation of R7RS.

1) So use a memoization comparison function that handles NaN, negative
zero, and the infinities specially.

2) You can't be sure that an R7RS implementation will provide these
anyway.

3) You can't be sure that an R7RS implementation will prove *any*
inexact numbers.

> Therefore, it appears likely that I will not be able to use R7RS.

So be it.

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    cowan@x
SAXParserFactory [is] a hideous, evil monstrosity of a class that should