Re: [Scheme-reports] Boolean hemlines

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
> Alex Shinn scripsit:
>
>> In this very list, John Cowan earlier reported behavior incorrectly
>> for a test case for a Scheme implementation because he was looking
>> through many results and mistook a #t for a #f (or vice versa?).
>
> I believe the fault was between user and keyboard rather than between
> eyes and user, though: probably a matter of subconscious bias.

There was no keyboard involved - it was a matter of skimming
through a log of results from different implementations and not
being able to recognize one.  As you said:

  [Cowan]: [Summary of which impls return #t for eq? for
  empty strings and for empty vectors, saying most impls
  return #f for both and listing only exceptions].

  [Shinn]: You missed Chibi, which returns #true for vectors and
  #false for strings and bytevectors.

  [Cowan]:  Right; it didn't jump out of the log.  I went back and
  scrutinized the log more carefully, and there are no more cases.

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about -
long lists of alternating #t and #f are hard to read.