Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011, John Cowan wrote:

>> WG2 will have explicit renaming only.
>
> If you're curious: explicit renaming was voted up 4-0; syntactic
> closures voted down 1-3; and syntax-case tied with 3-3 (with one vote
> for sending it to a future WG), which means it failed.  There were 11 WG
> members at the time, of which 2 did not vote at all.

I hope the committee took into account that for systems like Racket and Chez
that are based on a native psyntax-type macro implementation, providing ER
macros would adversely affect the complexity class of such macros, because in
these systems an extra code walk is necessary to fully unwrap each input to the
ER transformer.