[Scheme-reports] Onderwerp: Re: Implied equality

---- Aan Sun, 06 Jan 2013 18:27:33 +0100 John Cowan<cowan@x> schreef ----

 > Biep scripsit:
 >
 > > But in that case the equations for make-polar are false, aren't they?
 > > z may be exact on input and inexact on output.
 >
 > Well, yes.  But that point is made immediately thereafter,

That was my point, I suppose.  I am not a native speaker of English, and in my ears this sounds like a contradiction, which would be easy to repair by adding some transitional words, such as "except that".

(And very formally, the draft doesn't say /which/ inexact number it may return, once it no longer follows the equations..)