Re: [Scheme-reports] Implied equality

On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Biep <scheme@x> wrote:
>From: Mark H Weaver
> Then all of:
> (make-rectangular x_1 x_2) => z
> [...]
> (real-part z) => x_1
> (imag-part z) => x_2
> [...]
> are true, [...]

Which is a good starting point for my question.

What is the equality/equivalence implied by the re-use of an argument name?  Did I overlook that in the draft?  I think it ought to be stated somewhere.

I mostly answered this in my previous reply.  The =>
notation is described in section 1.3.4, and reads as
"evaluates to".  It is not defined formally, but goes on
to say:

  [_expression_] evaluates, in the initial environment, to
  an object that can be represented externally by the
  sequence of characters [result]

so one can assume the objects must be written the
same.