Re: [Scheme-reports] Procedural equivalence: the last debate

Shiro Kawai scripsit:

> Oops, I'm probably lost... Does the current discussion suggests that
> fresh location tag must be allocated for every time lambda expression
> is evaluated, even the lambda expression doesn't close any mutable
> state?

That is what R5RS requires, yes, as well as Will's proposal.

> As Per Bothner posted in <51AE7631.4050903@x>, lifting
> constant lambdas to upper level is the important optimization and I
> heavily rely on it.

You can only do that if you have done the work to make sure that the
closure doesn't escape.

--
Not to perambulate                 John Cowan <cowan@x>
    the corridors                  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan