Re: [Scheme-reports] Ballot item #113 "directory contents"

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:53 AM, Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@x> wrote:
Aye; my preference, rather than encouraging too much string arithmetic,
is to provide functions to convert lists of strings to and from paths in
the local convention (including mapping special relative-path
conventions like ".", "..", and a leading "/" as appropriate). But let
WG2 ponder on that. I'll be sure to follow their deliberations and bend
John's ear with my opinions in due course, should I see them straying
from the path of sanity ;-)

What about systems which don't have files, or don't have hierarchical paths?

Is it really the job of the language to specify the topology of the filesystem?

Thomas