Re: [Scheme-reports] Ballot item #113 "directory contents"

Thomas Bushnell, BSG scripsit:

> What about systems which don't have files, or don't have hierarchical paths?
>
> Is it really the job of the language to specify the topology of the
> filesystem?

I wrote PathnamesCowan, based on CL pathnames but also intended to provide for URIs.
This is a WG2 proposal, and I don't think anything but string pathnames (with an
escape for names which are not valid strings) are needed for WG1.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@x