Re: [Scheme-reports] valid implementation of call-with-input-file?

On Mon 20 Aug 2012 16:42, Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@x> writes:

> However, WG1 has proven too afraid of innovating and getting it wrong to
> suggest anything more than hinting at the implementations to be
> Sufficiently Smart about garbage collection of continuations (which is
> perhaps the only complete solution to "can this scope ever be
> re-entered?" questions).

Guile and Racket and many other Schemes have continuation barriers.

I am not asking for innovation.  A simple "the port is closed if the
procedure returns normally, or if an exception is raised inside and
caught outside." text is all that is needed.  If this is incompatible
with raise-continuable, raise-continuable should be left out of this
report IMO.

Stubbornly yours,

Andy
--