Re: [Scheme-reports] valid implementation of call-with-input-file?

Hi,

On Mon 20 Aug 2012 12:52, Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@x> writes:

> [I]f we omit raise-continuable, people can still make their own.

This is a great thing!

> What if somebody writes a coroutine library using call/cc and one of
> the coroutines uses call-with-input-file, as coroutines are often used
> for producer/consumer relationships and files make good producers of
> input data?

Then the file stays open until a normal or an exceptional return
happens.  Note that call/cc is neither of these.  (What is an
exceptional return?  A raise to a guard outside the scope of the
call-with-input-file.)

> Making call-with-input-file close FDs on all forms of exit

That is not my argument, otherwise I would have suggested dynamic-wind.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/