Re: [Scheme-reports] [wg2] in support of single-arity procedural syntax transformers

Peter Bex scripsit:

> The other way around it does shut out implementations like Chicken
> where the "er-macro-transformer" line is more or less optional because
> that's its native system.

Chicken is not shut out.  It just means that WG2-conformant programs
have to use "er-macro-transformer" explicitly.  What happens if you
don't use an explicit transformer is outside the scope of the standard,
so Chicken can treat that as implicit ER and other implementations as
something else.

This is the advantage of standardizing a facade rather than what lies
beneath.

--
John Cowan  cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the