Re: [Scheme-reports] Fwd: Missing description of complex polar form

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:42:06 -0400, Vincent Manis <vmanis@x> wrote:

> And apparently there is no way to produce a textual representation of a
> complex number in polar form (other than writing a few lines of code
> oneself). I'll have more to say about number->string in a subsequent
> email, but this certainly seems to me to be a deficiency.

WRITE and NUMBER->STRING should both do this. Both are required to produce
the external representation of a number. If a number is polar, then it's
external representation is in the real@real notation, and you will get
that form.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.