Re: [Scheme-reports] Missing description of complex polar form

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:30:14 -0400, Malcolm Tredinnick
<malcolm.tredinnick@x> wrote:

> Archaeological expeditions were similarly unrewarding — the current
> description of numbers  has remained more or less unchanged since at
> least R4RS and the 1@1 style is not mentioned. One can kind of
> reverse-engineer the requirements from the hints in the description of
> (make-polar ...) and (angle ...) on page 29, but even there it doesn't
> explicitly tie the polar form to the x@y syntax!

The R6RS has a grammar description of the datum syntax for numbers which
includes the @ and normal complex forms. I don't know if any of this has
been used in the current report, but previous standards have provided
information on it. The TSPL also contains a more general description, but
my understanding was that this syntax was purposefully fairly vague.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.