Re: [Scheme-reports] I/O redux

On 2011-05-03, at 01:30, Vincent Manis wrote:

> On 2011-05-03, at 00:30, John Cowan wrote:
>> My feeling is that it's not useful enough: redirection of standard
>> error should typically be done at program invocation time.  A program
>> that wants to rebind standard error to syslog or the like can do so by
>> passing a suitable port argument to CURRENT-ERROR.

I shouldn't compose emails at 0130, I missed John's remark about redirection. WITH-ERROR-TO-FILE doesn't redirect standard error, any more than WITH-OUTPUT-TO-FILE redirects standard output. These both cause the current stream to be temporarily changed, but standard error and standard output are still what they were before.

-- vincent