[Scheme-reports] ratification vote for R7RS-small

Full name: Tom Kwong

Location: Los Angeles, USA

Statement of interest:
I started learning the scheme language about 20 years ago.  Back then, we had R4RS and I was excited about the simplicity of the language and interesting features like call/cc and delay/promise.  Over the past 20 years, I have been coding scheme in my leisure time on and off a couple of times although I spent my whole time coding professionally with a more popular object oriented language named from a kind of coffee bean.  Around 1998, I built my own email reader by extending SCM with the c-client library.  It was a fun project to work on although it wasn't feature rich enough and I was too shy to release it to the public.  In 2011, I had renewed interest in building a drawing application on iphone/ipad using scheme.  I decided to go with SCM again due to my prior experience and extended the system with a number of iOS classes.  The drawing app, called My Graphics if anyone is interested in playing with it, was largely written in scheme and it was successfully released last year.  The app was considered a "prototype" as my ultimate goal is to build a more complete binding with iOS so we can all easily build iOS apps without having to code in Objective-C and at the same time enjoying the functional features from the language.  I have been sticking with scheme for 20 years and I would estimate that I have another 20 years of scheme coding time. I hope this is enough to express my interest.

Vote: yes

Rationale: it's definitely a step in the right direction.  Go for it without any delay!