Re: [Scheme-reports] Comments on draft 6

Aaron W. Hsu scripsit:

> While I do not feel so bad about making it an error to assign an
> unbound identifier, I do have to mention that this general attitude
> of feeling safe to make anything an error because implementations can
> then do whatever they want with it unsettles me a bit.

I agree in general.  But I do think that such code is actually erroneous;
I haven't seen anyone sticking up their hand and saying "I use `set!`
on unbound variables all the time".

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@x