[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] A couple more typos or ambiguities
On 26 April 2011 15:11, Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm.tredinnick@x>
A couple of possible typographical oversights that I don't think I've seen go past yet:
(1) letrec* is not mentioned in the _expression_ keyword production on page 49.
(2) Pages 6 and 49 both say that the vertical bar is reserved for future language extensions, but it's already being used (in comments and as an identifier delimiter). Am I misunderstanding the context in which it's reserved, or is that a remnant from older reports?
(3) Page 6 refers to the <interlexeme space> rule (when talking about #;). That is the R6RS term for what is <intertoken space> in this draft.
(4) The grammar in 7.1.1 allows || as an <identifier>. However, page 5 suggests the "|...|" form is only for convenience (e.g. |foo bar| is equivalent to foo\x20bar). There's no way to normalise || to anything without the vertical bars that's a valid identifier. Was that intentional, or should the rule be
<vertical bar> <symbol element>+ <vertical bar>?
I forgot a couple (messy scratch notes on my end):
(5) The <datum> production in 7.1.2 (page 50) has a clause that is <label> <datum>. Shouldn't that be
<label> = <datum>
to provide the #0=... portion of reader labelling?
(6) At the end of 7.1.2, there's a missing line break before the <label> production. It's ended up on the same line as the <vector> production, making it difficult to spot.
Scheme-reports mailing list