Re: [Scheme-reports] "include" filename resolution

Two minutes ago, Andy Wingo wrote:
> On Fri 12 Aug 2011 22:38, Eli Barzilay <eli@x> writes:
>
> > what if you have (define myload load)?
>
> I think that `load' is almost never what you want.  When you're
> using it, you're already lost.  Given that, you just have to choose
> the least bad option.  Guile's thing is bad, but it's not as bad as
> using (e.g.) the current working directory.

I think that this is questionable -- you'd expect `load' to be a
completely run-time thing (open+read+eval), so the CWD makes perfect
sense.  This way you have a single behavior rather than something that
changes based on whether it's used in some file or on the REPL.

And given that the latter will be popular for a while longer, it's
especially surprising that it's different from inside a module.  Given
that, it might make more sense to have it use the CWD when used on the
REPL, and throw a syntax error from inside a module.