[Scheme-reports] Features

I ported Foment to Linux and now I am trying to figure out how to get
features working.

Running Debian 3.2.0-4-486 (32 bit) in VirtualBox and using uname, Linux
is returned for sysname and i686 for machine.
Running Debian 3.2.0-4-amd64 (64 bit) in VirtualBox and using uname,
Linux is returned for sysname and x86_64 (note the underscore) for machine.

R7RS lists i386, x86-64, and gnu-linux as possible features. Presumably,
i386 should be a feature for the 32 bit version, and x86-64 for the 64
bit version. I can make Linux lowercase and easily check for Linux and
change it to gnu-linux, but I am leery of doing that. In order for
features to be useful across implementations, the symbols must be
exactly the same.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Which systems are Posix Systems? Only "Fully POSIX-compliant" ones? The
best (only) reference that I could find listing Posix Systems is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POSIX. Should posix be a features on Linux
systems? Linux is listed as "Mostly POSIX-compliant."

Thanks.
Michael.