Re: [Scheme-reports] Mixed exactness in complex numbers?

Peter Bex scripsit:

> The report occasionally mentions "an inexact complex number" or "an
> exact complex number".  Does this imply that there's no such thing as
> a complex number of mixed exactness?

An exact complex number is one whose real and imaginary parts are exact,
and I have added a definition to this effect on trunk.  All my Schemes
already behave this way.

> Other Schemes I've looked at (not that many, though) return a normalised
> complex number with both real and imaginary parts converted to inexact.

For a list of which schemes have which representations, see
http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/ComplexRepresentations .

> I just noticed, the text below the inexact? and exact? predicates says
> "For any Scheme number, precisely one of these predicates is true"

This is correct given the definition above.

--
John Cowan  <cowan@x>  http://ccil.org/~cowan
Micropayment advocates mistakenly believe that efficient allocation of