Re: [Scheme-reports] 6.7.4 system interfaces

On Fri 20 May 2011 01:00, John Cowan <cowan@x> writes:

> Andy Wingo scripsit:
>
>> Does `command-line' include the equivalent of argv[0] ?
>
> System-dependent.  JVM/CLR systems have no analogue of argv[0].

Suggestion: specify that all systems either have an argv[0] at the
beginning, or that all do not.  In the case that there is no natural
argv[0], the implementation should provide one with an unspecified
value.  That said, implementations shout prefer to use the name of the
file containing the main program.

>> Does `current-jiffy' indicate wall-clock time or runtime?
>
> I don't know.  What should it be?

Both are useful.  This one should probably be wall-clock time.

Example:

    scheme@(guile-user)> (get-internal-r
    get-internal-real-time  get-internal-run-time
    scheme@(guile-user)> (get-internal-run-time)
    $1 = 117657808
    scheme@(guile-user)> (get-internal-real-time)
    $2 = 15237676615
    scheme@(guile-user)> internal-time-units-per-second
    $3 = 1000000000

I don't suggest the name "real-time", it's confusing I think.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/