Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Response #382: Allow "if" to accept arbitrarily many if-then pairs

John Boyle <johnthescavenger@x> wrote:

> ...  All Common Lisp implementations I've tested flat-out disallow
> "redefinition of the special form "if"".

  One can shadow IF; does that count?  [*]

  By the way, what would an `if' with multiple
  name-value pairs offer that `cond' doesn't?

  _________
  [*] _Any_ symbol in the COMMON-LISP package
      cannot be redefined; and then it is the standard
      that prohibits it, not the discretion of implementations.

  ---Vassil.

--
Would you like your metaphors shaken or stirred?

Vassil Nikolov | Васил Николов | < vnikolov@x>