Re: [Scheme-reports] close-port

Andre van Tonder scripsit:

> Scheme has many generic procedures, such as port?, read, write,
> display, cons, +, -, *, /, <, >, <=, >=, sin, etc.

True that the math procedures are generic in the sense of
representations, but they are not generic in the sense of handling
something other than numbers.  Write and display are truly generic.
Cons is not generic: it simply doesn't care about the type of its
arguments.  I already discussed port? as a special case.

--
How comes city and country to be filled with drones         John Cowan
and rogues, our highways with hackers, and all          cowan@x