[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] return value of (parameter 'new-value)
- To: Andy Wingo <wingo@x>
- Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] return value of (parameter 'new-value)
- From: Alex Shinn <alexshinn@x>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 21:19:51 -0700
- Cc: scheme-reports <scheme-reports@x>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
[I forgot to cc the list.]
On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Andy Wingo <wingo@x> wrote:
> The specification of `make-parameter' does not indicate that a parameter
> may be called with one argument to set the value. Is this an oversight
> or do I misunderstand?
No, we voted to make parameters immutable by default,
so that the binding can only be changed by `parameterize'.
You'll note that the sample implementation agrees
with this - the mutation interface is effectively hidden.
Scheme-reports mailing list