Re: [Scheme-reports] bodies in case and cond clauses

On Thu, 19 May 2011 13:48:43 -0400, John Cowan <cowan@x>
wrote:

> Andy Wingo scripsit:
>> Suggestion: make the clauses in `case' and `cond' forms (without =>,
>> naturally) be BODY instances, to allow them to have definitions.  It is
>> well defined AFAIK, and costs nothing.
>
> Ticket filed.  I'm against this one, though, because of the bizarre
> appearance of (cond ((pred1) (define ...) (e1)) ...).  Internal
> definitions
> always come first everywhere else in Scheme except at the top level and
> top-level BEGINs.

I've closed this ticket as a duplicate of #53, which is phrased slightly
differently, but which is the same thing. According to the ticket, this
was voted in and accepted, so we should make this change.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.