Re: [Scheme-reports] Proposal to add fexprs

John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:

> Someone asked about what `apply` does with fexprs.  In classic Lisps,
> fexprs don't know anything about where their operands come from any
> more
> than other procedures do, so the environment at the point of
> application
> is used to interpret variables, there being in fact no other.  In
> Kernel,
> it is a domain error to invoke `apply` on a fexpr.

  But I think the latter is (also) because
  with `apply', the arguments to the
  function being applied have already
  been evaluated; yet another reason why
  fexprs (never mind macros) are not
  really like functions.

  ---Vassil.

--
Would you like your metaphors shaken or stirred?

Vassil Nikolov | Васил Николов | <vnikolov@x>