[Scheme-reports] Ratification vote for R7RS-small

Full name: Justin Ethier

Location: Baltimore, MD

Vote: YES

Statement of interest:

I have been writing Scheme professionally since 2009 when I started working at a company that was using Bigloo and CHICKEN. For the last three years I have been working on husk scheme (https://github.com/justinethier/husk-scheme), a robust implementation of R5RS written on the Haskell platform. R5RS has allowed me to implement an elegant, expressive, yet minimal language that has been useful to others as well as myself. My goal is for husk to eventually support R7RS-small.

I have also contributed bug reports to the mailing list and the R7RS sample implementation, chibi scheme.

Rationale:

R7RS-small is not a radical leap forward from R5RS, which is OK, but it provides many welcome additions and a standard way to write Scheme libraries. My hope is that it will provide a solid foundation for the large language and will see more widespread adoption than R6RS.