Re: [Scheme-reports] library at file level (was: Ratification vote for R7RS Small)

Sam Tobin-Hochstadt scripsit:

> Yes, this can work, but only because the procedures and macros could
> be reorganized not to be in mutually recursive libraries. This isn't
> solving the actual hard (that is to say, impossible) problem, which is
> when bmac is defined using aproc, and aproc is defined using bmac.

Indeed not, as my final paragraph noted.  But that has nothing to do
with libraries, either.  The libraries just provide a static type system
that prevents such problematic cases from occurring beyond the compiler's
event horizon.  A compiler that can see the whole program if it wants to,
like javac, needs no such helps.

--
The experiences of the past show                John Cowan
that there has always been a discrepancy        cowan@x