Re: [Scheme-reports] ratification vote for R7RS-small

Full name (required): Jean-Michel Hufflen

Location (optional): Besançon, France

Affiliation (optional): FEMTO-ST - DISC

Contact details (optional): jmhuffle@x

Statement of interest: I registered for the
R6RS ratification or the 2009 Steering Committee election.

Vote (required): yes

Rationale:

An important point about the main software I'm developing using Scheme
is that I *want* it to work with any Scheme interpreter or compiler,
provided that it is conformant to the current standard. For example,
that allows me to be able to use graphical extensions of a particular
Scheme interpreter. Being able to use an interpreter's features as far
as possible, and switch from an interpreter to another has been made
easier by means of the new function "features" of R7RS. More
generally, I think there is now a better interface with the operating
system.

This application (bibliography production) deals with texts. That is
why I would have liked the process of Unicode to provide more
functionalities, in particular a better interface of possible encoding
for input and output files. I am waiting impatiently for the design of
R7RS-large.

On another subject, I think that some important progress has been made
by the introduction of new forms for promises. (I use streams within
another project.)