Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 12:41:25 -0400, Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@x>
wrote:

> Are those actual examples of what teachers do in practice?

Yes, those things are used, but more than that, the ability to hide
auxiliary keywords is a big feature for me. I use it all the time to
provide a hidden internal interface to my macros that are used inside of a
library, but anyone importing the macro from the outside cannot use that
interface, because they cannot ever get access to the identifier that is
used. If things were symbolically matched or if I could only have
"unbound" keyword matching, then I would not be able to do this, because
one could always get access to the hidden interface.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.