Re: [Scheme-reports] Some comments after reading the r7rs public draft

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> make-promise no more guarantees a promise than delay
> does, since there's no way to test for this and the standard
> gives explicit license to cheat here.

Yes, I see your point (though really it doesn't: the license is to make
promises and their values *completely* indistinguishable, such that they
are forced whenever you touch them).  But anyway, I'm now against
insta-forcing, as it makes APIs that return promises unportable.

--
A mosquito cried out in his pain,               John Cowan
"A chemist has poisoned my brain!"              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan