[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Scheme-reports] Some comments after reading the r7rs public draft
Implicit forcing happens for:
- arguments to arithmetic functions;
- the sequence and the index in indexing operations, like string-ref;
- the operands to eqv? and equal? are forced, though the operands to eq?
- port operands to port functions;
- the value to be emitted by a display but not the value to be emitted
by a write;
- the function in an application.
Though: "The exact behavior for when implicit forcing [happens] is a
There are certainly places where implicit forcing doesn't happen while it
should; there are also likely to be places where implicit forcing happens
while it is undesirable."
Scheme-reports mailing list