[Scheme-reports] Fwd: I/O

I've been using email since the early 1970s, you'd think I'd know how to use it properly by now. This was meant to go to the list.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Vincent Manis <vmanis@x>
Date: 2011 May 2 01:23:37 PDT
To: John Cowan <cowan@x>
Subject: Re: [Scheme-reports] I/O

On 2011-05-02, at 01:08, John Cowan wrote:
Vincent Manis scripsit:

If WG2 is planning on providing READ-U16 et al, then I withdraw my
suggestion. If not, I reaffirm it. :)

There's no current plan to provide higher-order read and write
operations, but there will be higher-order blob operations, and the read
and write operations are named consistently with the blob operations.

The names offend my aesthetic sense precisely because of this, I think of reading from a binary file as getting an octet from the file and returning it as a u8 value (i.e., binary files contain octets rather than u8 values). I suspect I'm on the wilderness on this one, and therefore withdraw the suggestion.

-- v