Re: [Scheme-reports] ANN: first draft of R7RS small language available

On Sun, 24 Apr 2011, Aaron W. Hsu wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 15:34:23 -0400, Andre van Tonder <andre@x>
> wrote:
>
>> The latter behaviour may be compatible with the document in systems in
>> which all identifiers are considered implicitly bound at toplevel, so the
>> DEFINE would be like a SET!
>
> Even in systems where this is the case, and Chez in particular, this does not
> do this.

I thinkthe reason Chez does not doi this is becasue you are replacing a
syntactic binding for ELSE by a variable binding, so the DEFINE is not like a
SET!.  IF the original binding of  ELSE was a variable binding, the define would
be like a SET! and the ELSE clause would match.