Re: [Scheme-reports] ratification vote for R7RS-small

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Likewise, I would have preferred to use the R6RS library
> keywords, and just standardize a subset on the R6RS functionality,
> even at the risk of some edge-case incompatibility.

We believed that we needed the ability to extend the syntax at the
implementation level, without having to require low-level macros
in the small language standard.  That meant a distinction between
library declarations and macro invocations.

--
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.
        --Arthur C. Clarke, "The Nine Billion Names of God"