Re: [Scheme-reports] Comments on draft 6

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@x> wrote:
Yes, of course. But as I said, a proper date library will fulfill
these needs, probably even better (e.g. timestamps in my web server
logs are D/M/Y H:M:S, not raw seconds), and given the problems with
implementing TAI... well, my proposition is as above.

 I personally think you are right. I am also in favor to put all time/date relative functions inside optional standard module(s).  At the same time, R7RS-small may recommend to use TAI in the report for the reasons cited.  That way implementations could additionally provide POSIX, jiffies, etc. (with maybe a standard interface coming from R7RS-large) as they wish.  Would it be possible to have a vote about it being a module ?

Best regards,
--
Emmanuel