Re: [Scheme-reports] Comments on draft 6

Vitaly Magerya scripsit:

> My argument is this: all useful things you can do with TAI, but
> cannot do with current-jiffy, can (and should) be done using a
> proper date library (the one that reports 23:59:60 on leap seconds).
> Since you can't implement such a library using only TAI (you need
> leap second and timezone tables), and since it's problematic to
> obtain TAI on many current systems, I argue that R7RS-small should
> only provide a timer (current-jiffy), and R7RS-big should provide
> a full date library.

I think there is utility to providing a timestamp of modest accuracy and
precision for applications like logging, which is why I proposed
this procedure in the first place.

--
A witness cannot give evidence of his           John Cowan
age unless he can remember being born.          cowan@x