Re: [Scheme-reports] Fwd: Comments on draft 6 about call/cc

Andy Wingo scripsit:

> In that case one could inspect the condition to see if it was
> continuable -- given conditions, of course.

I consider it a mistake to divide conditions into continuable and
non-continuable.  A condition represents a particular state of affairs,
whereas it is the circumstances in which an exception is raised
which should determine whether it makes sense to go on.  This is captured
by the raise and raise-continuable procedures.

> I don't have any experience with raise-continuable, unfortunately.  Do
> you?

Alas, no.  I have dealt only with guard-style systems with termination
semantics.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@x