Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Response #456: Adoption of R6RS

John Cowan <cowan@x> writes:
> The Guile maintainers have (as they have stated) no intention of
> supporting R6RS in the future.

I think this gives an inaccurate impression.  It is apparently based on
the following statement by Ludovic Courtès in 2007:

   I cannot speak for all GNU Guile developers.  Nevertheless,
   it appears to be unlikely that Guile will support R6RS
   anytime soon given that (i) we probably lack the resources
   to work on it and (ii) current developers don't seem to be
   interested in it (I, for one, do not consider it a high
   priority).

Here he merely made a guess about what would happen.  Since then, quite
a lot of work has gone into improving Guile's support for R6RS, and the
maintainers have welcomed those improvements.

   Regards,
     Mark