Re: [Scheme-reports] What happened to (UNQUOTE <expression> ...)

On Wed, 04 May 2011 10:55:41 -0400, Andre van Tonder <andre@x>
wrote:

> The Chez solution to this problem (multi-argument unquote) has been in
> use for a
> number of years by several large implementations.  It has he advantage
> of being
> backwards compatible - existing programs not using multi-argument unquote
> will not be broken.  The macro is nontrivial but has been thoroughly
> debugged
> and tested over the course of years and can be copied and pasted into any
> implementation, so the cost of adopting it is zero.  And the
> specification has already been written for R6RS and can be copied and
> pasted
> from there into the WG1 standard, again ast zero cost,  if the editors so
> decide.  It is my opinion that this is the best choice that can be made
> at this
> point.

These are all rather convincing points, IMO. On the other hand, does
anyone know if there are alternative approaches currently implemented by
complete implementations?

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.