Re: [Scheme-reports] Some comments after reading the r7rs public draft

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 15:34 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
> It's not clear to me whether it *is* the right thing.  Ordinary
> closures
> do not close over the dynamic environment, although other Lisps have
> had
> such closures.

I have a suspicion that capturing and saving dynamic extent in this
non-linear or tree-like fashion is likely to be a bad thing, or at least
potentially challenging to performant implementation, for what gain I
know not.  Your previous statement suggests that all major
implementations right now evaluate delayed expressions in the dynamic
environment of the first FORCE, and not at the time of the creation of
the delay thunk. Going against this is probably also a bad idea.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@x | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.