Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg1] Erratum for letrec* definition

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:47 PM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
I've added the following erratum to the list at
<http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/R7RSSmallErrata>:

    The semantics of letrec* should say that evaluation of the <init>s
    is interleaved with assignment to the <variable>s. As written,
    it could be understood as allowing the <init>s to be evaluated
    first in left-to-right order and then assigned to the <variable>s
    in left-to-right order.

Not interleaving the assignments would make letrec* fairly useless.

Any objections?

I'm not sure we need bother clarifying this.  Interleaving
assignment is both the most natural and only realistic
interpretation of the existing text.  You have to stretch
it quite a lot to think that it allows the <init>s to be
evaluated outside the order of the assignments.